Tuesday 18 April 2017

Hyperrealitites - Meme Newspaper #3

A SMART pound coin was launched recently to replace the old pound coin. The price and value of it has changed, what you could have for with the original £1 coin, introduced in 1983, would now cost you £3.10.
The current one 'round' pound is being replaced by a 12 sided coin, simply because, the current design became too easy to counterfeit, apparently, one in every 30 £1 coins have been fake.
The new coin will affect vending machines and parking meters as some will not accept the new coin design.
The two £1 coins will exist at the same time until the old one will be ceased on October 15. People are urged to return the old pound coins before October.

I chose this story because I feel like it was important for people to know what is going to happen soon with the whole one pound coin story.


The new coin makes it the most secure coin in the world, since it's so difficult to counterfeit, I thought of the Barney from 'How I Met Your Mother', for those who don't watch it, he says 'Challenge Accepted' when something seems impossible to achieve and everyone doesn't think he can do it, he finds a way, in the same way that this new pound is the most secure coin in the world and difficult to counterfeit.

I chose 'Barney' because even though there are people who have not seen the show, he is still well known around the world and his catchphrases are well known as well.

I made it look like a graffiti with 'Barney' being a stencil, to give it that bad ass look, which I feel like represents this poster as well, because he wants to do something that can't and shouldn't be done, a rebel you could say and graffiti is seen as a rebellious type thing.

I decided to look at some stencil posters to get an idea of how to display my figure...




The face has minimal features in my poster but I feel like there's enough for the viewers to know who it is.

I do have to admit that the black writing at the top is hard to read, especially the word 'coin' but I am sure that the viewer is smart enough to figure out what it says.


https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5120914/il_fullxfull.25316763.jpg

https://rlv.zcache.co.uk/barack_obama_yes_we_can_stencil_poster-rb2d1f316bf8946899d3cf6d1f9954fc4_wvg_8byvr_324.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment