Tuesday 21 February 2017

Hyperrealities - Brief/Proposal #1

Topic

I am concerned the Millennials aren’t interested in reading the newspaper as much as they should, for example, as a designer, it’s important for me to be aware of my surroundings so I don’t make a design error. It’s important for them to keep up to date with what is going on with the world for various reasons.

(or should they read the newspaper? The newspaper is sometimes filled with fake news; would it be more beneficial to create our own newspaper with real news?)

                                               
Brief

My intention is to find a way to get Millennials more involved with the news by creating a meme newspaper. I intend to include real news.


Context

My context will be memes. My idea is to design the news as memes. It’s modern and popular just like my target audience. The beauty of memes is it spreads around rapidly just like news.


Target Audience

Millennials, Young Adults, 18-21,

Creative Requirements

I intend to make a newspaper, booklet or a zine, something physical and possibly small so they can carry around. I feel like I should go beyond the meme newspaper and possibly create a website to go with it, where the reader could go on and edit their own memes that are featured in the newspaper, a good way to get the viewer more involved.


Objectives/Deliverables

I will include illustration as I feel like most of the memes could be hand drawn or even scanned in and edited in Photoshop.


I will need to create a campaign, as a way to advertise the newspaper and get the word around. I would like to see, if possible, how fast and effective my meme newspaper can travel and how many readers it will gather.


No comments:

Post a Comment