Monday 6 March 2017

Hyperreality - Experiment #3

One of the ideas I had was to advertise myself and my website by using stickers or a meme. Since I am at that stage where I'm trying to get my work out there and trying to find somewhere to work, I thought of using the power of memes and stickers to advertise my name.

One of the research I have looked at was the 'Andre the Giant' stickers which was a street campaign by Shepard Fairey. It's the idea of getting things to manifest itself. It captured the people's curiosity and got them to question the sticker since there was a lack of information about it.

That is what I am trying to do, capture the people's curiosity by creating something that will get their attention and get them to find information about it.


I decided to create my own sticker with the same idea as the 'Andre the Giant' stickers. The idea was to create something that lacked information but just enough that will lead the viewer to my website.

I used the logo that I have created in one of my process and production sessions and I turned it into a sticker. I included '#uppercasex' to get the viewer to go on Twitter or Instagram and type the word in to find out more information about this sticker which will then lead to them to my design page then eventually, to my website.

I have experimented with it by changing the colours of it to see which one would stand out more, so it attracts the viewer's attention. I feel like the red works best because it stands out more but I do like the black and white one because it plays about with the negative space.




No comments:

Post a Comment