Monday 21 November 2016

Self Publishing - Posters Developed #1

I decided to develop one of the posters I created in Nick's session. I chose the poster below because I like the emoji that I created of Trump so I'm using that as my focal point and inspiration.


If you still don't know where I got the emoji Trump look from, it's from the image below, when Trump had bits of hair sticking out which represents the upside 'g' in the emoji.



For one of the developed posters, I decided to look at the 'hope' poster produced by Shepard Fairey for the 2008 presidential campaign and use that to produce my poster because it's a well known poster so people would recognize immediately. I replicated the colours and look of it but the only difference is the person on the poster and I wrote 'hope' with a question mark because I'm questioning Trump as president. 

Below is Shepard Fairey's poster and below that, is my response to it. My first thoughts were I don't really like the look of it because I don't feel like the emoji goes with the look of the poster which is why I decided to change the colour of the background to see if it would make a difference, as shown below, but I still don't like the look of it.





The second poster I have designed is basically the American flag (not accurate) made up of Trump's emoji face. I prefer this one than the other one I designed.



No comments:

Post a Comment