Tuesday 8 November 2016

Brief Two Introduction

08/11/2016 - Lecture

In this lecture, I was introduced to my second project of the year which is a live brief. We were given the choices of two networks to choose from which are YCN (You Can Now) and RSA (Royal Society of Arts).

YCN focuses on contemporary communication and they have 16 live briefs which I can pick from. The deadline for each brief is 23rd March 2017.

RSA focuses on social environmental and ecological and they have 12 briefs which I can pick from. The deadline for this is 8th March 2017.

We were shown a video made by RSA and it shows people who have previously won and people who work for RSA. The video just gives me an idea of the type of work the previous winners have done to get an idea of what they are looking for and what happens during the marking process. It talks about how useful it is to do a live brief from RSA because I could end up with a job at the end of it. It gives designers an opportunity.

The RSA Student Design Awards: A Student's Story from RSA Student Design Awards on Vimeo.

Timeline

Week One - For this week, I have to pick 3 briefs, one from each competition, from then, I just have to generate ideas for each and talk about it.

Week Two - Develop ideas - Think about which ideas are my strongest, get feedback and pick the right brief for me.

Week Three - This is where we begin to formalise ideas. Think about what kind of skills is required to achieve the chosen brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment