Tuesday 11 October 2016

Cybernetic self Experiment #4 - Zine Developed





This design is about how technology has affected the way we interact and behave, this story specifically looks at the relationship side of life, I thought of a story that people can relate to so that the audience would connect with it on a personal level. I think this is a great way to point out any issues there are but do it in a way that the viewer can follow with ease.

The idea of doing it in a style of a story came from Tracy's feedback that I received from my studio group which I mentioned on my blog earlier. The style was inspired by 'Anti Social Man' by Aisha Madu, how everything is in black and white, lack of detail and simple drawing but it's so effective because the drawing doesn't distract the audience from the message behind the video and the writing on the screen.

I decided to create a zine to illustrate my story because I did it in 'Process and Production' and it was something I enjoyed doing but also, I think it's a great way to display a narrative because it's only a couple of pages so it's quick and easy to go through it, especially this one, I made it so little that it would be easy to carry around, easy to fit in anywhere and it would be easy to mass produce if needed.

The story behind it is when it comes to relationships, it feels like there are three people involved in the relationship, the couple and social media. We can use social media to see what other people are doing and that can affect how we feel because we can see things that we rather not which makes us feel bad, hence, the story, and the overuse of social media can affect our mentality, we start to fantasize things that aren't true or what could happen, that plays an effect on relationships.



No comments:

Post a Comment