Monday 10 October 2016

Cybernetic self Experiment #2




This design is abut technology addiction, from my research, I looked at Paul Sheriff's series of posters where he combined serious addictions with technology and the effects it has on people of young age. My idea is similar but it's more for older people and people who are addicted or becoming addicted to technology, as a way of saying, you think you can stop at anytime and you think you are in control but in reality, you can't stop and you aren't in control. I feel like combining it with a serious addiction does emphasize that because both have the same mentality.

The idea behind this design is I'm using a poker hand to represent gambling addiction, I'm combining it with technology by including the different social medias and placing them on the cards with a quote at the bottom, I'm still undecided between the quotes I have in mind, it's between "You think you are playing the cards but they are playing you.", "You think you are calling the shots but you're not." and "The things you play, end up playing you.", the last one is inspired by the quote in the film, Fight Club, "The things you own, end up owning you." I believe it fits in well with the idea behind the design.


No comments:

Post a Comment