Friday 3 February 2017

Seminar #11 - Methodology and Case Studies

Seminar - 03/02/2017

In this seminar, we looked at case studies and what we have looked at for our research. We had to explain our essay and case studies so we could receive feedback from the group. We were told to have at least 3 case studies so that we have enough to compare the differences and similarities of the case studies. The comparison could be used to see which one is most effective.

I told the group what my essay is about and what my research question is. The feedback I received was useful. I got told that the age range that I am looking for my essay could be slightly broad and I could be more specific because I'm looking at the effects screen based electronic devices have on the social skills of a young viewer, since each age will have a different response and development, it would be wise to narrow the age range.

The next feedback was to look at the positive and negatives of the effects because technology could actually help children with their development, I have been looking mostly at the negative so it would be nice to compare the two. I was told the comparison of the positive and negative could be included in my research question and I could use stats as current guidelines to help me answer the question.

The last feedback was to maybe look at the emotional and physical development of a child because it could affect both of it. I looked mostly at how it affects them emotional so it would be nice to find out how it affects them physical.


No comments:

Post a Comment